In this short article, I will share with you how you can generate more pool leads to your business using 10 simple strategies.
1. Use the correct data so you can target the right people at the right time – having the correct data is the key to your customer’s heart
2. Have the tools in place to track your leads
Ensure that you are able to track return on investment and allocate budgets by using measurable and trackable channels to entice your leads, whether you’re using your website, social media or email or direct marketing. For example, Google Analytics will help you analyze website traffic and report on audience behavior. Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) software will help you manage customer relations and prospect interactions. And HubSpot, an inbound marketing and sales platform, offers all of these tools in one. It focusses on tracking a prospect’s activity online, delivering marketing content tailored to their interests, and in a nutshell, helps companies attract visitors, converts leads and close customers.
3. Focus on quality over quantity
This sounds obvious but is often forgotten. It is always best to focus on quality rather than quantity so that your sales force doesn’t waste time on unqualified leads. Do your research to ensure that you target businesses that have a high chance of buying your product or service.
4. Have a grading structure for prospects
You can stream your activity into short-term, mid-term and long-term to create a rolling pipeline. You can also have a set of criteria to define who qualifies as a prospect and what must happen to move that prospect from one level to the next.
Don’t forget to nurture your leads, educating your potential customers with relevant content to move them further down the sales funnel.
5. Monitor your competition
Have your competitors launched a new product, service or website? You need to know. Track what your key competitors are doing, and use the information to beat them.
6. Don’t be afraid to start new relationships with big purchasers or discount prospects
Aim high. Keep a lookout for prospects that have experienced a change in circumstances, such as a restructure or a merger, and target them.
Make sure you have a list of organizations that you would like to work with.
And don’t be afraid to discount a prospect if you don’t think the relationship will go anywhere.
7. Structuring your commission scheme
If you have a commission scheme you must structure it to reflect the skills and effort required to secure new business as well as managing existing accounts.
8. Use social media to warm up leads
Social media is not only useful in terms of boosting brand awareness and interacting with customers, but also for bolstering your sales pipeline:
- Share content – publishing content to direct traffic to your website is the most effective way to generate leads through social media. Post links, share blog posts and offer discounts to get people clicking onto your site
- Build a loyal following – get to know your audience online, and share information to demonstrate your expertise. Get involved in LinkedIn groups relevant to your business. Once you have a relationship, a connection is more likely to trust you as a supplier
- Engage in dialogue – don’t focus your posts solely on your company, but interact with others and always be helpful. When a prospect is ready to buy they’re then more likely to come to you
9. Capture information on your website
To generate leads from your website you need traffic. There are a huge number of techniques you can use to get people to click on a website, but a few basics can make a big difference.
- Use forms to capture your leads’ data – in particular, smart forms help your build your database
- Make your calls-to-action as effective as possible – place them above the fold and be clear about what you want people to do.
- Create compelling landing pages so when people arrive at your site, you increase the odds of conversion
10. Use automated, opt-in email marketing to nurture prospects
When used correctly, emails can be an effective, and cost-effective, way to generate new business. Focus on an opt-in strategy to ensure you are GDPR compliant and don’t forget to include a link to unsubscribe.
- Send relevant, valuable offers – offers to need to feel exclusive and provide useful information
- Include a clear call-to-action – make sure the prospect knows what you want them to do
- Link to a landing page – where the prospect has to provide their details
- Follow the form with a thank you page – ensure that additional content is available, and don’t forget to include social media sharing buttons to encourage leads to share and generate more leads